Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten All Time Favorite Books in the Fantasy Genre
1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter #1) by J. K. Rowling
The book/series that began my love affair with young adult fantasy.
2. Graceling (Graceling Realm #1) by Kristin Cashore
Katsa and Po are two of my favorite fantasy characters. This is the book I recommend to anyone that has the tiniest of interest in fantasy.
3. The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien
This is probably my first adult fantasy, and it will always hold a special place in my heart.
4. Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
This isn't the first Gaiman book I read, but it is my favorite.
5. Magic Bites (Kate Daniels #1) by Ilona Andrews
The Kate Daniels series is my favorite urban fantasy series.
6. Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1) by Sarah J. Maas
7. The Demon King (Seven Realms #1) by Cinda Williams Chima
8. Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles #1) by Melina Marchetta
9. Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin #1) by Robin LaFevers
10. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
Stiefvater writes the most beautiful, lyrical books. Even when I don't like how the books end (see Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #3)), I still love reading them.
What Are Your All Time Favorite Books?