RAK is a monthly meme hosted by Book Soulmates. You can join in on the fun HERE.
For those of you who don't know, a RAK is a Random Act of Kindness. People sign up with their wishlist and then can look at other people's wish-lists and send them a Random Act of Kindness. It is really simple, but here are the rules:
COMPLETE RULES RE-CAP:
- Please read carefully & follow all rules! Thank you!
- Please sign-up each month that you can participate (and by participate, we mean give as well as receive).
- Show off your participation by grabbing our RAK button (code is in the right sidebar of the Book Soulmates page).
- Create a wish list (on Amazon, Goodreads, or your blog, etc) and post it in the Google Doc located in each R.A.K post for the month.
- If you choose to do a R.A.K for someone, check out their wish list and contact that blogger directly for their information.
- Once you receive a RAK, send us an our new email to [rakbybooksoulmates @ gmail . com] so that we can update the Google Doc. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU SEND EMAILS TO THIS ADDRESS!
- E-book participation is limited to files being gifted directly to a person from the e-book store. Amazon's Kindle Store is set up to allow this, as well as the Kobo store and we believe Barnes & Noble with Nook as well.
- At the end of the month, SHOW US YOUR R.A.K by making a "RAK Wrap-Up" post. This post should include who you SENT gifts to as well who you RECEIVED gifts from.
OPEN TO EVERYONE including all of our International brethren!
If you're feeling the urge to splurge on me this month, I have two different bookish wishlists on Amazon: one for YA/MG Books and another for Adult Books. If you just want highlights, here are the top 5 that I really want (which haven't changed since August):
- Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
- Changeling by Philippa Gregory
- The Sorceress by Michael Scott
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore
- The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy
I can't wait to start sending things out to you guys!