Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Books About Friendship
1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter #1) by J.K. Rowling
2. Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
Who could forget the friendship between Charlotte and Wilbur?
3. The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien
Frodo would have never made it without Sam.
4. Code Name Verity (Code Name Verity #1) by Elizabeth Wein
5. Sex and the City by Candace Bushnell
This one is cheating a little because the book and the TV show are nothing alike. But, the TV show has one of the best friendships and it's one that I've always identified with.
6. The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle #1) by Maggie Stiefvater
7. Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
Almost all of Dessen's books have some form of friendship element. This one has the friend that maybe wasn't really a friend, sisters as friends or becoming friends, and a good guy being a friend/possible boyfriend.
8. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
9. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
10. Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy #1) by Richelle Mead
I agree with you on Harry Potter, and Charlotte's Web! I've seen a lot of people use Harry Potter, but I never would have thought of Charlotte's Web! Good picks!ReplyDelete
My Top Ten Tuesday
Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews
And Charlotte's Web was one of the few books that I didn't have trouble thinking of for this weeks' Top Ten hahaDelete
Thanks for stopping by!
I didn't realize that Sex and the City was based on a book. I mean, I guess that makes sense. Based on your comments, though, I think I'll stick with just watching the show for that. :) Harry Potter, Charlotte's Web, and The Fellowship of the Ring are three great picks and I honestly can't believe I didn't think of them myself! I just started Vampire Academy last night so am only about 1/4 of the way through, but already I can see that Rose and Lissa have a strong friendship. Great picks!ReplyDelete
The show is sooooooo much better than the book. I don't recommend reading it unless someone just really wanted to read everything SATC related.Delete
Vampire Academy is such a great series; I really hope you enjoy it! The spinoff series is also pretty great. And, the movie wasn't that bad. It's pretty campy, but I think the actors pulled off the characters and they mostly kept to the books.