Wednesday, November 28, 2012
2013 Paranormal Reading Challenge
Posted by Kayla Beck at 6:00 AM
Yes, I am taking part in yet another reading challenge in 2013. I have found that I do a lot better which a little bit of structure and incentive. (You know, like finishing something.) Unless I'm doing this horribly wrong, I don't have to choose my books yet. I have a list and an embarrassing amount of books cluttering my house, but I want to try to focus on 2013 releases as much as possible since I'll be reading them anyways to be on top of things for work. The very dear Auntie Spinelli Reads and Megan Likes Books are kind enough to host this. Below is some information about the challenge, taken from the sign-up page.
To read at least one book featuring each of the following paranormal creatures:
✷ Other (ie: sirens, unicorns, centaurs, timetravel etc.)
1. This challenge runs from January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013.
2. You must have a blog to able to participate, since reviews must be added to the linky.
3. When you sign up with the linky, please put the link to your post about joining the Paranormal Reading Challenge.
4. You're welcome to list your books beforehand or just add as you go.
5. Sign-ups are open until December 1, 2013 (You can do that HERE.)
6. At the beginning of each month, the blog hosts will post a kick-start post, each month featuring a different category of paranormal creature. This post will also include a linky to include your reviews from that month.
7. Each review you link will qualify you for an entry into the monthy giveaway and if your review includes the feature paranormal creature of that month, you get a bonus entry.
8. Each book can only count for one category, even if it contains more than one paranormal creature. For example, Twilight contains both vampires and werewolves, but you can't use it for both the vampires and werewolves/shifters categories.
9. Everyone who completes the challenge will be entered into a grand prize giveaway at the end of the year.
10. If you read multiple books from one category, feel free to add them to the linkies. Don't stop at just one!
11. Book can count for other challenges.
You should definitely go to the HOSTS' POST on the challenge to find out more information. I'm not the most reliable of sources, no matter how good my intentions may seem. As with the other challenges, leave me a link if you're playing along as well!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I'm also joining this challenge, looks like fun!ReplyDelete
Fun, fun, fun :D Can't wait!ReplyDelete