Blog Tour Schedule
Ten Exercises That You Can Potentially Do While Reading a Printed Book*
Guest Post by Cami Checketts
- Stationary bike - my personal favorite as you can bike without bouncing and burn some calories while being distracted by the book
- Treadmill - kind of awkward
- One arm biceps curls – take turns reading and curling
- One arm lateral raise – same as above
- Isometric squat – squat down and hold the position while you read, looks funny but I’ve actually done it before when I’m sick of sitting and writing.
- Balancing on one leg – use abs to stabilize and you’ll recruit more than just your leg muscles
- Kegel exercises – sorry, had to throw it in there, they are an exercise after all!
- Hamstring curl – at the gym you can sit on a machine and do the curl. You could definitely read without bouncing, though you’d probably get some funny stares.
- Quad extension – same as above
- Cannot believe I made it to ten, but I’m struggling to think of one more. Oh, wait, exercise ball. Though it’s not technically an exercise you can use a big exercise ball as a chair and it challenges your abs and quads just to stay on the darn thing. To make it really fun you can sway side to side (make sure you’re not next to any sharp objects).
*I have to throw out the disclaimer that it’s more effective to exercise while not reading a printed book, but we’re all busy and if it gets you through a workout, it’s worth trying!
Cassidy Christensen is running.
Running from the mercenaries who killed her parents.
Running from a scheming redhead intent on making her life miserable.
Running from painful memories that sabotage her dreams of happiness.
With two very tempting men competing for her attention, she hopes she'll finally have someone to run to, but can she trust either of them? When secrets from her past threaten her family, Cassidy decides to stop running and fight for her future.
Dying to Run
Cassidy Christensen wants to run.
Captured by the traffickers who killed her mother, her only hope is Dr. Tattoo, a man she loves but nobody trusts. When she finally gets a chance to run, someone else she cares about is taken. Running might be her only chance at survival, but she won’t allow another family member to be killed in her place.
This must-read sequel to Dead Running will have you laughing, biting your nails, and hoping for more.
Dead Running | Dying to Run
About the Author
Cami Checketts is married and the proud mother of four future WWF champions. Sometimes between being a human horse, cleaning up magic potions, and reading Bernstein Bears, she gets the chance to write fiction.
Cami graduated from Utah State University with a degree in Exercise Science. Cami teaches strength training classes at her local rec and shares healthy living tips on her fitness blog: http://fitnessformom.blogspot.com.
Cami and her family live in the beautiful Cache Valley of Northern Utah. During the two months of the year it isn't snowing, she enjoys swimming, biking, running, and water-skiing.
Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Fitness Blog
Win $25 Amazon Gift Card or Paypal Cash from Author Cami Checketts
3 Sets of iFrogz Earbuds & Armbands
Open only to those who can legally enter, receive and use an Amazon.com Gift Code or Paypal Cash. Winning Entry will be verified prior to prize being awarded. No purchase necessary. You must be 18 or older to enter or have your parent enter for you. The winner will be chosen by rafflecopter and announced here as well as emailed and will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Twitter, Rafflecopter or any other entity unless otherwise specified. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning. Giveaway was organized by Kathy from I Am A Reader, Not A Writer www.iamareader.com and sponsored by the author.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Bibliophilia, Please Giveaway
Win either Dead Running or Dying to Run in paperback or ebook
(Sorry, but international entrants can only receive ecopies.)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I think the balancing book on one leg exercise sounds a bit impractical. How are you supposed to read the book with it bobbing up and down?ReplyDelete
Thank you for the wonderful giveaway! And the exercise tips too :DReplyDelete
they both sound great thanks for the giveaway! - regnod(at)yahoo(d0t)comReplyDelete
These books sound great! Thanks for the chance to winReplyDelete
lol Kegal exercises :) That sounds to be the easiest to do while reading and no one is the wiser lolReplyDelete