Twenty-four year-old, Abby Benson has dreams of owning her own wedding cake shop. An inheritance from her aunt gives her the ability to make those dreams come true. She hires Dane, a handsome contractor, to help her get the bakery up and running and soon they’re moving toward their own happy ending.
Unsure what to charge for her cakes, Abby has a crazy idea to let the customer decide what they think their cake is worth. This plan has its ups and downs, but the novelty of the idea makes her a local celebrity. When she is interviewed on television about the unusual idea, business booms and Abby has cake adventures she never dreamed possible. But as her fame grows, Abby is swept up in a whirlwind that threatens everything she values. With the challenges that face her, will she be able to determine what is worth the most?
by Karey White
1. I love the lacework on this cake. I also love the tall tiers mixed with the shorter ones.
2. I like the alternating tiers. The design on the blue cakes is one of my favorites.
3. This reminds me of peonies and anything that reminds me of peonies is good.
4. The white on white mixed with the perfection of this pattern is so pretty.
5. Love the three-dimensional flowers on this cake. There are so many things that can be done with white on white.
6. This cake is stunning in it's simplicity. Because of the clean lines and the minimal flowers, this is actually one of the most difficult cakes.
7. These black-edged flowers are gorgeous and I like the mix of the more classical damask ribbon with the almost art-deco flowers.
8. Small and silver--just like my favorite jewelry.
9. I love this water-colory abstractly painted cake with the textured details and the simple white flowers. And tall square layers are so unexpected.
10. I once saw a tablecloth with this exact pattern. I love these colors. The crispness of the edges and no beading or ribbon at the borders means this was made by a master.
Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Be sure to add it to your TBR list on Goodreads!
About the Author
Karey White grew up in Utah, Idaho, Oregon, and Missouri. She attended Ricks College and Brigham Young University. Her first novel, Gifted, was a Whitney Award Finalist.
She loves to travel, read, bake treats, and spend time with family and friends. She and her husband are the parents of four great children. She teaches summer creative writing courses to young people and is currently working on her next book.
Website | Twitter | Facebook
Blog Tour Giveaway
$25 Amazon Gift Card + a copy of For What It's Worth
Paperback available to US only, Ebook Available Internationally
Open to anyone who can legally enter, receive and use an Amazon.com Gift Code or Paypal Cash. Winning Entry will be verified prior to prize being awarded. No purchase necessary. You must be 18 or older to enter or have your parent's permission. The winner will be chosen by rafflecopter and announced here as well as emailed and will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Twitter, Rafflecopter or any other entity unless otherwise specified. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
It seems like a lovely book! Thank you for the chance to win a copy.ReplyDelete
And these cakes are simply beautiful! I would love to have a similar one when I get married. But then I don't think I would be able to ruin it. :)