RAK is a monthly meme hosted by Book Soulmates. You can join in on the fun HERE.
For those of you who don't know, a RAK is a Random Act of Kindness. People sign up with their wishlist and then can look at other people's wish-lists and send them a Random Act of Kindness. It is really simple, but here are the rules:
COMPLETE RULES RE-CAP:
- Please read carefully follow all rules! Thank you!
- Please sign-up each month that you can participate (and by participate, we mean give as well as receive).
- Show off your participation by grabbing our RAK button (code is in the right sidebar of the Book Soulmates page).
- Create a wish list (on Amazon, Goodreads, or your blog, etc) and post it in the Google Doc located in each R.A.K post for the month.
- If you choose to do a R.A.K for someone, check out their wish list and contact that blogger directly for their information.
- Once you receive a RAK, send us an our new email to [rakbybooksoulmates @ gmail . com] so that we can update the Google Doc. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU SEND EMAILS TO THIS ADDRESS!
- E-book participation is limited to files being gifted directly to a person from the e-book store. Amazon's Kindle Store is set up to allow this, as well as the Kobo store and we believe Barnes & Noble with Nook as well.
- At the end of the month, SHOW US YOUR R.A.K by making a "RAK Wrap-Up" post. This post should include who you SENT gifts to as well who you RECEIVED gifts from.
If you're feeling the urge to splurge on me this month, I have two different bookish wishlists on Amazon: one for YA/MG Books and another for Adult Books. If you just want highlights, here are the top 5 that I really want:
- The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy
- The Sorceress by Michael Scott
- Vessel by Sarah Beth Durst
- Carnival of Souls by Marissa Marr
- Iron Hearted Violet by Kelly Regan Barnhill
I hope you guys all have a happy RAK month!