Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Classics
I Have Read:
1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
My introduction to witty Austen books and my all time favorite book, let alone classic.
2. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
I've always heard that people either like Jane Eyre OR Wuthering Heights, and I've come to believe it. I loved Jane Eyre, but it took me the better part of a year and many failed attempts to read Wuthering Heights. I mean, I tried print, audio AND ebook version and FINALLY got through it. Anyone else read both and love one and hate the other?
3. Edgar Allen Poe
I could not pick one favorite Poe work, and honestly, it would be a disservice to do so. If you've never tried Poe and you like scary, gothic or creepy, what are you waiting for?
4. The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien
There's a hundred reasons that Tolkien is called the Father of Fantasy and his ability to create a unparalleled fantasy world is just one of those reasons.
5. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
6. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
7. Forever Amber by Kathleen Winsor
This is the book I was named after, plus it's one of the grandmothers of modern historical romance novels.
8. Little Women (Little Women #1) by Louisa May Alcott
I don't know how I got through childhood in my house without reading this.
9. Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
10. 1984 by George Orwell
I think this is going to be THAT book for me - the one that I say I will read every year and just never get to.